Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charles Wright

Go down

Charles Wright Empty Charles Wright

Post  Charles Wright Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Charles Wright Staffapp

Charles Wright 2q1e6q8

Full Name: Charles Wright
    Date of Birth: 04/03/1980
    Current Address: 18 Albert Street
    City/Town: Spalding
    County/State: Lincolnshire

Hair Colour: Light Brown
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Height: 6’1”
    Weight: 160lbs
    Distinguishing Marks: Some minor scarring from my childhood but nothing worth mentioning.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

I’m applying for a teaching position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I’m seeking new employment and after reading about Highgrove I feel that it would be interesting and challenging career path.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I have several years of experience teaching secondary school and while the students didn’t necessary have the same issues as those attending Highgrove they were no less a challenge. I’ve had to break up fights, calm overly emotional students, and reason with children who refused to listen to any authority figure. These skills I believe will help me should I teach at Highgrove.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I received my bachelors in education from the university in Peterborough and achieved QTS there as well. I’ve completed the post graduate courses as well.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I’m in the process of teaching myself French. I admit that I’m not at all on a conversational level but I can fumble my way through. Since finding Highgrove I’ve also began reading books on psychology to hopefully help me be a little better prepared.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I have never worked in this type of facility before.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

Since graduation I have been employed teaching at Gleed Boys’ School, the same school that I attended as a child.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

My years and teaching and the daily struggle it can be to get through to kids will help me when teaching the children at your facility. I have patience, know when to take a step back, and am not easily agitated.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Studious, Creative, Kind, Sensitive, Quiet

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

When stressed I like to unwind with a cup of tea and a book. I have a soft spot for the classics as well as what some may consider “chick books.”

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

Three of my negative traits would be that I can be a little spacey sometimes. My mind often runs away with me and I often end up staring off into space. Another is that I can come off as shy and maybe even distant but it’s completely unintentional. I’m not very good with animals either. I don’t know if that is considered a negative trait but I have always had poor luck with them. Cats especially seem to hate me.

Three of my positive traits would be that those who know me say I’m a good listener and that they feel they can open up to me. I find it very easy to relate to and connect with people. I like to think I’m very creative and I enjoy writing short stories or poems. I’ve also heard that I have a great sense of humor.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

If I could change something in my life I would make it so my parents found a way to work out their differences and stay together. After their divorce things were hard for all of us and I feel that if they’d have just worked it out maybe things would have been better.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would have to politely decline the task or, if it was necessary that I do it, I would work with my superior as much as possible to reach a compromise. I would be willing to go forward if they would allow for some changes to ease my conscious.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

As a friend I’d do my best to talk with the other person, sit them down and sort something out. If they refused to reason with me I’d be forced to take it to a superior. Of course, depending on what they were doing I may take it to our superior anyway. If someone seriously could be hurt by what this friend was doing I would have no choice but to turn them in.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I was raised Spalding, Lincolnshire before moving to London at fifteen. It wasn’t much to look at but it was home. I had relatives in the area as well, my uncle and his family. We were very close and I spent a lot of time playing with my cousin. After only a few months in London I returned to Spalding and currently reside there.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had a few close friends growing up but I wouldn’t say that I was popular by any stretch. I was a bit awkward and was always the kid with his nose buried in a book during lunch. I’m still that kid, actually. I’ve just gotten taller.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

I’ve wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I can’t quite put my finger on a specific person or event that made me want to pursue this path. I’ve had some wonderful teachers and tutors during my life so I guess they may have inspired me but no one really sticks out. Perhaps it’s just my calling.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

Charlie has left several holes in his application as he’s currently trying to forget the past as much as possible. The first and foremost hole left would be the relationship between him and his cousin, Verne Fitzwilliam. Verne, who Charlie nicknamed Darcy, came to live with him and his mother after his family’s murder. Charlie and Darcy were already close at this point but they became inseparable, spending every moment possible with each other. Their closeness began to arouse suspicion with Charlie’s mother and one night she “went to check on them” but found more than she actually thought she would. Charlie and Darcy had taken to sharing a bed and the boys were rather engaged with each other when she opened the door. Darcy was sent away and Charlie was sent to live with his father in London, the idea being that if Darcy came back to look for him he wouldn’t be there. To this day Charlie’s mother still says their physical relationship was rape and that Darcy should be put in jail for putting his hands on her little boy.

The few weeks he spent with his father were torture since the only version of the story he’d gotten was from Charlie’s mother. At first he tried to be comforting, telling Charlie it was okay and it wasn’t his fault. He called Darcy a little monster, said he was sick like his mother and that he’d never hurt him again. Charlie would argue back, trying to explain that Darcy wasn’t like that. Their fights about Darcy became a daily thing and it eventually pushed the already crushed boy to the edge. His father was making dinner when Charlie went to the bathroom and took whatever he could find in the medicine cabinet, just wanting it all to be over. He lay down on the bathroom floor afterward and waited but his dad beat Death to the bathroom door. Charlie was rushed to the hospital where his stomach was pumped and his life was saved.

After spending some time in observation and short term admittance to an adolescent psychiatric facility Charlie was returned to his mother in Spalding. He remained in Spalding and around the area in case Darcy came to look for him. But after years of waiting and the constant fighting with his mother he was worn down and began to accept the fact that his beloved cousin wasn’t coming back for him. Unable to stay in Spalding anymore he began to look elsewhere for work and found Highgrove.

Character Playby: Lewis Grant
Player Nickname: Nebbeh
Chatango Username: TinyNebula

Last edited by Charles Wright on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charles Wright
Charles Wright

$RP Reward Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Charles Wright Empty Re: Charles Wright

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Charles Wright Approved

Full Name: Charles Wright
    Position: Teacher
    House Number: 4 Highgrove Terrace

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Back to top Go down