Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gabriel Samedi

2 posters

Go down

Gabriel Samedi Empty Gabriel Samedi

Post  Gabriel Samedi Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Gabriel Samedi Staffapp

Gabriel Samedi Mkc2ug

Full Name: Gabriel William Samedi
    Date of Birth: 11 February 1956
    Current Address: Lexington Building ,9 Fairfield Road
    City/Town: Bow
    County/State: London

Hair Colour: brown/grey/white
    Eye Colour: blue
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 165
    Distinguishing Marks: I have some surgical scarring on right leg, arm, and torso. I've also a rather large and colourful dragon tattoo on my back.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Head of Medicine

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I'm looking for a new opportunity, a change from the fast-paced world of a major hospital.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I have many years of experience in nearly all aspects in the medical field. I am compassionate, but keep a professional distance to avoid personal conflict. I am able to access a situation quickly and waste no time dithering about with what needs to be done. I feel I am easy to work with, and treat others with the respect they deserve.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I've owned my own practice as general practitioner, then in internal medicine specializing in cardiovascular and pulmonary disease, and most recently have been working in A&E as a trauma surgeon and general floor physician.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I held the rank of Medical Officer in the RAMC for three years, then finished my education at Kings College in London.
I am fluent in French, Italian and German, and have some working knowledge of Spanish and Russian.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

Specifically, this would be a new sort of experience for me. Working in both hospital and clinic settings in the past, I believe it will not be a harsh adjustment.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

Head of Trauma Team, Royal London Hospital, 2009-2011
Trauma and general surgery, ED/A&E, Royal London, 2008-2009
Internal Medicine, Clinician and Surgeon, Cardiology and Pulmonary Clinic, 1993 - 2006
See attached resume for more references.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I have a wide variety of experience within general family practice, vascular and pulmonary, A&E and trauma medicine.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Dedicated, knowledgeable, perceptive, experienced, creative

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

I take a long walk or go jogging, make a cup of tea, find a quiet place to meditate or read, listen to music. They help me center myself and quiet my mind.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

In the negative, I feel I can be stubborn, though I suppose you could also consider it a positive (though for this I shall not). I can be cool toward staff at times, as I focus on work moreso than personal interaction. On that note, I can also be a bit abrasive when working to my colleages, though mostly in very stressful situations; for example, an emergency situation.
In the positive, I am a dedicated physician, one that does not turn away from difficult situations within the job. I am quick to learn, to adjust, and to act. And lastly, I always place the patient's health and comfort above all else. I feel if you do not, you are in the wrong profession.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I was offered a position in the United States, in New Orleans. My grandfather needed surgery for a torn aorta, and he asked me to perform the surgery. As a new father, I decided not to go. We had not been close, and had a newborn to take care of. I would like to have gone, as he died from complications from the surgery, and if I'd have been there it might have gone differently.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would discuss this task with my superior, and try to come to a good compromise. In the end, I would have to decide if my position was worth my moral standing.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would consult with my supervisor. The guidelines are there for all to follow, and if others came to harm because of my indecision or loyalty to a friend, it would be disastrous.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Wiltshire, in the Cotswolds. It was a bit picturesque, but only after I'd left to London and returned. I had a typical sort of life for a boy, and I felt safe and happy enough there.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I had a handful of friends, and there was my brother as well. We ran all over, getting into the typical trouble lads will when they're out. I had a couple of girls I fancied, all that. Nothing out of the ordinary.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

I've always been fascinated with the inner workings of the human body. My curiosity centered on the heart and how it kept everything going. I would eventually study cardiology and pulmonology. It was also born of a desire to ease suffering, and give people a second chance at life. My mother died when I was young of liver cancer, and I felt a horrible desire to take her pain away.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I held the rank of Medical Officer of the Royal Army Medical Corps from 1976-1979.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

When I was in university, I tried marijuana a few times.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

His wife, Ophelia, was killed in an automobile accident five years ago. He had been driving, and they were hit in an intersection by a car who had not stopped for the red light. He spent four weeks in intensive care, and several months in rehabilitation from numerous broken bones, including his right femur, five ribs, his collarbone, several breaks in his right arm, and a severe concussion. His wife was thrown from the car as she was not wearing a seat belt. He'd always bothered her about that. He didn't tell the rep this, but it can be discovered fairly easily if one is arsed to look.

He is a morphine addict. He'd been using to relieve pain from the accident so that he could work, and by the time he was well again, he was already hooked in. It's also due to melancholy from his wife's death.

His childhood wasn't all that happy. His father was a ridiculously abusive bastard. He was fascinated with anatomy, but he turned to medicine partly to make up for what he considered his own guilt at not being able to stop his father from abusing his mother and younger brother, and for not being able to help his mother when she died. Unreasonable guilt, but guilt nonetheless.

When he's high or drunk, it's not pretty. He was arrested twice on assault charges in pubs in 2010, but the charges were eventually dropped.

He is bisexual, and has had a male lover, Daniel, for the past two and a half years. They broke off when Daniel moved back home to Ohio to be with his ailing sister and said he could not guarantee hew could be faithful to Gabriel.

Otherwise, he's a nice guy.

Character Playby: Peter Gabriel
Player Nickname: Gabe, Vorko, crazy person, whatever
Chatango Username: gabriel42

Last edited by Gabriel Samedi on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gabriel Samedi
Gabriel Samedi

$RP Reward Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Samedi Empty Re: Gabriel Samedi

Post  Ghost Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Gabriel Samedi Approved

Full Name: Dr. Gabriel W. Samedi
    Position: Head of Medicine
    House Number: Highgrove House Addition Apartment 3

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Ghost
Ghost
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 66

https://highgrove.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down