Hair Colour: Brown
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 150 lbs.
    Distinguishing Marks: None

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Librarian

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I am currently unemployed, and think that working at Highgrove would be a stimulating experience.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I am qualified to work as a librarian and have worked in a school library in the past. I'm young and energetic about my work, and I love doing it. I'm also very organized, and that's a necessity in a library.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I've got a master's degree in library science.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

As I said before, I've spent time working in a school's library before, and I know a lot of useful facts offhand. I could be of help to students trying to do research for their schoolwork.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I've only worked in a normal school previously, not one like this. But I'm confidant that I can handle the responsibilites that come with this job.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

Right after I graduated from university, I worked in the library of Matthews High School in Durham as a librarian for a little less than a year. After that, I moved to Grove End, and haven't found another job yet.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I enjoyed my work in the school library; the kids were all really nice. Of course, they didn't really use the library for the books, more for the computers, but it was still a good place to work. I gained experience with working with teenagers and some experience helping people find what they needed to complete their assignments.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Neat, observant, punctual, interested, intelligent

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

During stressful times, I tend to spend my free time by myself, thinking through my problems. I feel that I can compartmentalize stress quite well and not let it affect my professional performance.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

I know a lot of useless trivia, which I don't know how to keep to myself, and that tends to work to my disadvantage. I'm a neat freak, which I suppose is a blessing and a curse, and I spend too much time by myself. On the positive end of things, I'm very diligent, I keep everything organized and I like to think of myself as generally friendly.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

When I was seventeen, my grandma died, and I took it really badly. This isn't necessarily an event I would change; she was suffering and deserved peace. But I would change my overly emotional reaction to the event. It's the only period of real rebellion that I ever experienced. I fought with my parents almost constantly about the stupidest things and lost a lot of friends.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I can't imagine what, as a librarian, I would be asked to do that I would morally object to, but I guess it could happen. It depends on what this task was; if I had a petty objection to it, I would overlook my own feelings and complete the task. If it was a major question of good and evil, I suppose I would question their authority.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would turn them in without a second thought. People who break this kind of rules aren't good to have around in any environment.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in a little house in Durham with both of my parents and my grandma, who babysat me during the day while my parents worked. I had a good, loving home as a child.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I was considered a little bit odd by my classmates growing up, but I had friends who were just as odd as I. I pretty much had the same group of friends throughout my school years, even in university, and I kept them throughout my life. I haven't had many relationships, but the ones I have had have been moderately serious. My move has left me with little in the way of a social life.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

Facts are what interest me, and libraries are all about facts. I decided that I wanted to be a librarian when I was twelve years old and just never changed my mind. Being a librarian in a school is an added bonus, because there's more to do in the way of answering questions and less in the way of shelving books.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

Solomon Halsley is in fact not Solomon Halsley at all, but Benjamin Moore. Benjamin is in the witness protection program. Six months previous to his application at Highgrove, he witnessed the death of Anna Brighton at the hands of a prominent gangster and chose to testify at the trial. Immediately after the conviction of the gangster, he began to receive death threats, and an attempt was made on his life shortly after. Everyone who once knew him is under the impression that he died in the attack. He was then relocated to Grove End. Out of the job opportunities available, Benjamin chose a position at Highgrove. His place of birth and name have been changed, but all other facts remain true. He was born and lived in Birmingham, working at a school library, until the time of his relocation.

Character Playby: Matthew Gray Gubler
Player Nickname: Spring
Chatango Username: Springrollz
Solomon Halsley

$RP Reward Points : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Solomon Halsley

Post  Nebby on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Full Name: Solomon Halsley
    Position: Librarian
    House Number: 7 Highgrove Terrace

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Nebby
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum