Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthias Savage

2 posters

Go down

Matthias Savage Empty Matthias Savage

Post  Dr. Matthias Savage Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:09 am

Matthias Savage Staffapp

Matthias Savage AppPhoto

Full Name:Matthias Xavier Savage
    Date of Birth: 2/14/1968
    Current Address:5111 Good Memory Lane
    City/Town: Ellicott City
    County/State: Maryland

Hair Colour:Brown
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Height: 6’3”
    Weight: 175lbs
    Distinguishing Marks: I have a tattoo of two snakes on my left shoulder blade, a tattoo of a fleur de lis on the right side of my posterior and a tattoo of a cross with the latin word “veritas” on the left side of my chest. None of these tattoos are visible while I am wearing clothing. I have a few minor scars acquired between childhood and adulthood.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Pyschiatrist

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I wish to further my work in understanding and repairing damaged young minds. I feel that the atmosphere produced by this institution will provide better results in comparison to a heavily confined institutional setting.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

Outside of my educational qualifications, I have seventeen years of experience working with people, adults and adolescents, with emotional and psychological issues. I have dedicated myself to this type of work and have been successful in it. I am good at what I do.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

I possess qualifications in both psychiatry and general medicine. I received my doctorate from Johns Hopkins University. I am a board certified Psychiatrist.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I possess a B.S. in Cognitive Science, I am fluent in both Croatian and French. Aside from this I have seventeen years of experience in my chosen profession.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

Sheppard-Enoch Pratt Hospital - residency and employment - Towson, MD - 1994 to 2001
Maryland Department of Corrections - Baltimore and Jessup, MD - 2001 to 2006
Spring Grove Hospital Center - Catonsville, MD - 2006 to present

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

For the last five years I have been employed as a psychiatrist at the Spring Grove Hospital Center in Maryland. Prior to that, my employment experience dealt with adults with psychological impairments in the Maryland prison system. Spring Grove was my introduction to dealing with the adolescent spectrum.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

My entire professional career has been centered around dealing with individuals in an institutional setting. I am wholly prepared to deal with patients of this calibre; as I have been for the past seventeen years. Simply put: this is what I do.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Intelligent, Analytical, Logical, Precise, Composed

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

“Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.” - Richard Carlson

I do not cow to stress or pressure. I thrive in the presence of these things. Also, a little Johan Sebastian Bach doesn’t hurt.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

While I do not personally dwell on “negative traits” I have been informed that I am stubborn, too analytical and guarded.

Positive traits would include my dedication to my work and my patients, my analytical mind and my organizational skills. These traits allow me flourish in both my professional and personal life.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I am content with the direction in which I have driven my life. I would not change anything.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I would refrain from completing the task, express my opinions in a professional manner and offer an alternate solution regarding the situation.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would report them or relieve them of their duties, if I were in a position to do so, immediately.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

My family settled in Baltimore, Maryland when I was ten years old. I am the middle child of three. My parents provided well enough for the family. We were a typical family; not perfect, but well adjusted and content. While it was not a paradise, by any means, Maryland provided an excellent selection of educational and career opportunities, which I took full advantage of.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I was an intellectually gifted child, beyond my peers, and it allowed me to enter into the realms of higher education at a younger age. This period of my life provided me with nearly endless ridicule, aggravation and very few friends. I thrust myself into my studies and my work and eventually developed friendships with like-minded individuals in the psychiatric field. I am also recently divorced.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

It’s my calling. From an early age, I have always been fascinated by the workings of the mind. I also knew that I wanted to help people. By combining these two desires, it was clear to me what path I would take.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No.

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

Matthias Xavier Savage is a man with a pocket full of secrets. The first being that he has an intimate relationship with Valium, which he would never admit as an addiction. And while he would freely admit to having been married and recently divorced, what he won’t freely divulge is that he divorced his wife right before he pulled some strings to have her committed to a mental institution. He is also leaving out the fact that he has a teenage son that he had shipped off to military school at the age of nine.

Character Playby:Eric Bana
Player Nickname: Cyke
Chatango Username: CykeRed
Dr. Matthias Savage
Dr. Matthias Savage

$RP Reward Points : 26

Back to top Go down

Matthias Savage Empty Re: Matthias Savage

Post  Ghost Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 am

Matthias Savage Approved

Full Name: Matthias Xavier Savage
    Position: Psychiatrist
    House Number: 1

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 66

https://highgrove.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down