Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy Wunderle

2 posters

Go down

Marcy Wunderle Empty Marcy Wunderle

Post  Marcy Wunderle Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Marcy Wunderle Staffapp

Marcy Wunderle Ea06m0

Full Name: Marcy Wunderle
    Date of Birth: 01/30/1989
    Current Address: 133 Mossie Road
    City/Town: Grantown-on-Spey
    County/State: Highland

Hair Colour: Red
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 172 lbs
    Distinguishing Marks: Freckles and various scars. Most noteably one of my hairline from a glass bowl I was trying to get out of storage and a large burn scar on my leg from spilling wax while doing some canning.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:
I'd like to apply to be a Warden.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):
I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life but I know I like physically engaging work and I'd rather stay in smaller towns. I'm looking at potentially pursuing a career in social working. So I though this would be a good place to start and make sure it's a good fit for me.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:
I'm ernest, bull-headed, observant, and physically capable to handle the work involved. I'll admit I don't have a lot of experience in this type of work but I have a level of enthusiasm for the work that I think should outweigh that. I have a genuine desire to join your home and try to make some young people's lives safer.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:
I've never been much of a 'sit behind a desk' type of person. I thrive best with physical work where I can really feel like I accomplished something at the end of the day. I like working with people and the challenges it presents. And also, I am more than willing to live in a small centre and in the housing on the property.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:
I'm good at a gentle kind of force. What I mean is that people needs to get where they're supposed to be, even if they don't want to go. I'm good at getting them there, mostly via nudging and coaxing and talking. Laying down the law occasionally if they need it. I'm patient, but stubborn which I think is what a lot of people need when they lack focus. I'm very cheerful, which is good. You know I won't hold on to any negative stuff, and I can brighten people's days sometimes.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:
I've worked as a bartender at a pub so I do have some experience dealing with rowdies, breaking up rough-housing and such. My grandpa was living at the senior's home in our town for the past six years so I also used to volunteer there on the weekends. I don't know how relevant herding Alzheimer’s patients to their dinner table is but I know how to do that. I'm also really good at letting them win at cribbage.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:
My only paying job has been at the Old Goose pub and inn in Grantown-on-Spey. It's my family's business and my Grandpa started it when he was young. When I was young I used to work their doing the yard-work and wiping down tables and such. Once I was old enough it was all fair game: I bar-tended, I served, I did housekeeping. A bit of everything.
As I mentioned previously, I also started volunteering at Rosewood Care Centre when my Grandpa had to move there after his first heart attack. I did orderly work their mostly, though I'd take on most odd jobs. My grandpa passed on earlier this year so that's why I am looking for something new now.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:
Most of all, what can be learned from all this is that I'm very adaptable and pretty well game for anything. I am good with people and you can always count on my to be a hard worker.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):
Cheerful, determined, tireless, clever and sassy.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:
Head for the pub and play something. Darts or cards or something. The bottom line is that engaging mentally in something that's not work related and being around other people is the best escape for me. It's always worked fine for me, but then I've never been a heavy stress kind of person.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:
Negative: clumsy, pushy, smug
Positive: adaptable, confident, silly

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:
I'd love to ask for my Grandpa back but that's bit childish.
I suppose I'd have like to be one of those people who always knew exactly what they wanted to be for the rest of their life, but it seemed like every year I always had a new idea. Some people always just seem to make it look so easy and obvious. But that's why I'm trying to figure it out now.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:
I'd probably talk to them about it and if they didn't budge and I didn't budge either. I'd probably ask them to have another employee do it, someone who doesn't feel as strongly. If I though that some how it was seriously wrong, or damaging to someone who didn't deserve it, I'd probably bring the problem to one of our mutual superiors.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:
Talk to them and if they didn't stop, report them.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:
Grantown-on-Spey, it's a little town, lots of tourism mostly. It's a popular spot for rafters and golfers and such. It's the kind of place where you begrudgingly tolerate the tourists, because it's how you make your living. I'm in so many stranger's vacation albums I don't even want to think about it. It's an alright place to grow up, no real complaints.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:
Sure, I am pretty spunky so I don't have difficulties making friends. I wasn't one of the 'popular' girls. I was always too busy to put that kind of effort in. I always had my own little group of friends. A lot of them have moved away at this point: for schooling or jobs. I'm close with my family. We're one of those rare intact, big, close groups. My mum, my dad, two older brothers, one younger sister and one younger brother.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:
At this point my older brothers are running the pub pretty effectively and the younger ones are looking to take over my job. My missing Grandpa is kind of effecting me more than I'd like. So yeah, I hate leaving the family but I need a little something to shake me out of this. Start fresh and let things ease off.
I liked volunteering at the senior home so I wanted something like that, something that involoved helping people. I think I'd like working with younger people. So yes, this is me, dipping my toe in the water. Hopefully I'll like it as much as I think I might and it will become my career path.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:
No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:
No.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:
No.

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:
Marcy's a bit of a disaster at times, honestly if it wasn't a family business she probably would have been fired a few times over. She's not malicious or lazy or anything, more so just hapless.

She could be a bit of a party-girl at times. She was often hungover come early morning volunteer shifts at the senior's home: but with some Advil and a smile she covered okay. She also used to buy Ritalin off a classmate in high school. But that was years ago. Mostly she just spends a lot of time at the pub and has a tendency to get rather flirty/silly. So nothing serious. Just standard young adult stuff.

Character Playby: Alex Ferguson
Player Nickname: Kels
Chatango Username: KelseyLynnn
Marcy Wunderle
Marcy Wunderle

$RP Reward Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Marcy Wunderle Empty Re: Marcy Wunderle

Post  Zillah Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 am

Marcy Wunderle Approved

Full Name: Marcy Wunderle
    Position: Warden
    House Number: 8 Highgrove Terrace

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.
Zillah
Zillah

$RP Reward Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum