Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meredith Rice

2 posters

Go down

Meredith Rice Empty Meredith Rice

Post  Meredith Rice Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:54 am

Meredith Rice Resapp

Meredith Rice Annasophia_robb_1202659562

Resident Full Name: Meredith Lee Rice
    Resident Date of Birth: April 3, 1995
    Resident Age:15
    Resident Gender: Female
    Current Address: 26 St. Chad's Place
    City/Town: London
    County/State: London

Resident Hair Colour: Blonde
    Resident Eye Colour: Green
    Resident Height: 5'7"
    Resident Weight: 112lbs
    Distinguishing Marks: I don't think there's really that much distinguishing about me, aside from being too tall.

Do you have any ongoing medical conditions for which you require long-term treatment or medications?

I have slightly elevated blood pressure. I don't know if it's from my anxiety, or from my medications.

Are you aware of any allergies you may have to foods, medications or environmental elements? If so, please list them below along with age of onset.

No.

Do you take any other medications or drugs not prescribed to you, or participate in the consumption of alcohol or tobacco?

No.

Where were you born and where did you grow up? What was it like there?

In Andover, Connecticut; it’s an absolutely tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. We have a huge house that seems a little too big since Tris left. Gwyn and I have separate rooms, but we share the bathroom between them. You can go from one of our rooms to the other without ever going into the hallway. We used to use that all the time when we were little, especially when one of us, usually me, had a nightmare. Also, out back is the lake. We keep a little rowboat that nobody’s used in years. When Gwyn and I were about ten years old, we used to paddle out to this tiny island not far out in the lake, and use it as our secret base. At least, until Momma caught on, which means basically the third time we were out there. She told Daddy that she was going to get rid of the deathtrap, by which I’m sure she meant the rowboat, but it’s still out there. I’m not really sure I’d want to go out in it again, though. I’m sure the wood’s all rotten now.

It was alright. There was usually a nanny around somewhere to help my mom out with Gwyn and me. My momma was there too, but her dad died right before we were born, and she already had Tris to deal with. Not to mention Gwyn was very rambunctious when we were little. So, there was always an extra set of hands to help her out so she didn’t get overwhelmed. Daddy was always busy with work and stuff. He was the fastest-moving politician in the state back then, after all. He had just gotten a place on the board of selectmen when he and momma got married, and by the time Gwyn and I came around, he was running for state senate. I hope I didn’t ruin his chances to be governor.

Please describe your relationships with your biological family, including parents, and siblings if applicable.

Gwyn is my best friend. We tell each other everything. Is it wrong that sometimes I wish I could stop being me for a while and go be her? Tris was alright for a big brother. He’s in college now, and I really miss him. Still, part of me was kind of relieved that I had one less person to deal with on a daily basis. Does that make me a bad sister?

How were/are you in school? How are your grades? Do you enjoy school?

I’ve always had good grades. Sometimes I wish I could have gone to public school, though. Seeing the same thirty people year after year was hard for me, since everyone knows everyone else’s business. I thought that if I were in public school, at least there’d be a crowd of unfamiliar faces to hide in. Then, when I moved in with Gram, everyone was unfamiliar, and that was even worse. Being the new girl means you stand out, and well, I've never quite been comfortable with standing out.

Do you participate in any extracurricular activities or belong to any after-school clubs?

No. I suck at everything except books. But, I do play a lot of online games. I’m getting pretty good, and I like the ones with preset social interactions because then I don’t have to worry so much about what to say to other people in the game. I have a group that I play with a lot in different games, and even though I wouldn’t say I’m really close to them, I like playing with them. I wish I wasn’t such a pitiful person. I wish I could meet some of them for real and be sure that they would like me as much as they seem to when I’m online. But, when I’m online, I have better control of my reactions. I don’t have to say the first thing that comes to mind, and no one can see my facial expressions. When I’m online I can be who I want to be, and nobody knows who my dad is or that all the kids from my new school hate me.

If you no longer reside with your biological family, please describe any previous homes as well as your current situation.

I live with my Gram, mom's mom, in London. Or I did. I'm in a psychiatric ward right now because I freaked out over something stupid. Again. Gram's really been lovely and understanding about the whole thing, although she probably thinks I'm a freak now too. Of course, I only got sent to live with Gram after that whole thing at my old school. Momma and Daddy said it was to expose me to culture, but I know better. The press would have a field day if they got wind of my craziness. He has to think of his career, naturally.

Do you have many/any friends? If so, please describe them.

I don't have any friends here, not that I blame them. At home, there was Gwyn, my sister, and Rose too. She’s about a year and a half younger than me, which puts her two (now three) grades behind me in school. She’s the daughter of one of Daddy’s colleagues, and Momma and Daddy used to invite her over all the time when we were little. We used to go to the same school, although she’s still in the lower school. She’s nice enough, I guess. I also have my online friends, who really help me a lot, even though it’s still hard for me to communicate with them.

Are you sexually active? Are you aware of any gender preference, or preferences in intimate practices, activities or situations?

I’ve had crushes on other girls. I mean, I’d never act on them, because what if people thought I was weird for liking girls? Besides, no one would want to be my friend, much less my girlfriend. My first crush was probably in the sixth grade. Her gym locker was next to mine, and I just had to try not to stare every time we got dressed for PE.

Have you ever knowingly committed a crime? Were you caught and convicted? If convicted, what was your sentencing?

I don't think I've done anything illegal, unless you count the suicide, but that's only illegal if you succeed.

Have you ever been diagnosed with any psychiatric ailments by a medical or psychiatric professional? If yes, please explain below.

I'm pretty sure my therapist has diagnosed me with Avoidant Personality Disorder, glossophobia, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Please describe any incidents associated with these ailments, such as antisocial behaviours, social or environmental difficulties, incidents of self harming, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, substance abuse, etc.

I’ve been shy and nervous for as long as I can remember, and last year I had to stay in the hospital for a while. Sometimes, when I get really stressed, and/or I’ve forgotten my meds, I’ll cut myself. It helps to feel that pain, because it’s better than feeling the pain of rejection. It’s better than feeling the pain of being alone all the time. I did try to kill myself once. Self-defenestration at its most pathetic, I suppose. Obviously, it didn’t work. I won’t try it again, because failing and having to deal with the consequences is so much worse than what I normally have to put up with. Actually, most of the time, I don’t feel depressed. It’s just when I feel pressure that I kind of flip out and do something stupid, and usually wind up hurting myself. I get freaked out around other people, and it doesn’t really matter if I know them or not. It’s just that I know that I’m kind of a social doofus, and I’m always worried that I’m going to say or do something they’ll think is weird or dumb and then they’ll think I’m weird or dumb, and then they won’t like me.

The panic attacks are the worst. It gets hard to breathe, and I get all sweaty, and my heart starts beating really fast, like it’s going to pop right out of my chest. Sometimes, I even throw up or pass out. Sometimes it’s both, which is really gross. The first panic attack hit me the first day of high school, when I got moved from the lower school to the upper school. Gwyn and Rose weren’t there, and I didn’t know anyone that well, since I’d only been in class with everyone for the year before. I thought I was going to die. I kind of wanted to, actually. Anything would have been preferable to being known as the freakishly tall, crazy, genius girl. Lucky for me, that wasn’t one of the times I threw up. The last thing I needed was to be the freakishly tall, crazy, genius girl who barfed the first day of school.

Last year, I had to write a short story for my English class. My teacher liked it so much, she wanted me to read it in front of the young writers club that she sponsored. I couldn’t say no. What if she’d gotten mad at me for turning her down? Anyway, the day I was supposed to read, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t talk to all those people. I couldn’t share my story with them. What if they thought it was awful? What if they hated me for being a bad writer? I tried to talk to Momma and Daddy about it, but they said it would be a good experience for me. Daddy said that even he gets nervous when he has to give one of his speeches, but that I just needed to do it, so I’d know it wasn’t so bad. After school that day, I was in the girls’ room so I could be alone and think about what to do. I couldn’t back down, because my English teacher had already seen me in class that day. I couldn’t read that story because I just knew that the club would hate it. So, I took the scissors out of my backpack, and I jammed them into my leg. When my teacher found me, she called my parents, and Momma came to get me. After that, I had to stay in a mental hospital for a while, and even after I got out, I had to see a therapist. But, it didn’t really work. I wouldn't go to school.

Anyway, after that, Momma and Daddy decided that what I needed was a change of scenery. A fresh start. So, they sent me across an ocean to live with Gram. I still had to see a therapist. Gram put me in a small, all-girls' school. Someone caught me staring at a girl, and started a rumor about me. I didn't have Gwyn or Rose or anybody to help me. When we came back after winter break, all the girls made jokes about me being a boy in drag because like, I have seriously no curves whatsoever. Anyway, I threw myself out a third floor window. I broke both my legs, but didn't die. After they put my legs in casts and made sure I was in stable condition, they switched me to the psychiatric ward. It's quiet here, which is nice, but there's some hospital policy about people who aren't in 'immediate danger of harming themselves or others' not staying more than ten weeks. They need the room, apparently. I don't want to take a spot from someone who might deserve it more. I know I only have spoiled little rich girl problems. At least, that's what I heard one of the other patients say to his nurse. It's probably true. Anyway, my casts will be off in a few days, and I don't want Gram to have to look after me anymore. It isn't fair to her.

Have you ever seen a licensed psychiatric professional, psychologist, or counsellor for these ailments? If yes, please list doctor(s) or counsellor(s) below:

When I lived in Connecticut, I saw this lady named Annie Rosenbaum. She was nice. When I moved to London, she recommended Dr. Leonard Parson, who I've been seeing for a while. He's alright.

Do you take any medications for any diagnosed psychiatric ailments? If yes, please list medication, dosage, and frequency of dosage below:

I take a 25mg dose of Zoloft every day, or at least, I'm supposed to. They think it might have contributed to my little leap out the window, so they took me off it when I was put in the hospital about two months ago.

Have you ever been admitted to a short or long-term psychiatric facility as a result of these ailments or associated incidents?

Well, I'm in a psych ward right now, and I spent like a month in one in Connecticut before I moved.

How do you feel these ailments affect your quality of life or your situation in life?

I worry about everything, all the time. It's exhausting. I hate not being able to make friends. I hate being weird. My life would be a lot easier if I could just, you know, not be this way.

If you could be cured of your ailments, what would your goals in life be?

I want to be a writer. I love words and writing and storytelling. I want to have real friends, not just my sister and Rose.

How do you feel these goals would be best attained?

I don't know. If I knew how to make friends, I wouldn't have a problem.

Why do you feel you are being referred to Highgrove, and by whom?

Gram shouldn't be expected to waste her time looking after me. I obviously can't control myself.

Hello, and thank you for meeting with me today. Our interview today will be recorded for review later. I'm going to ask you a series of questions, and I'd like for you to answer as fully as you are able. I'd like to start by asking you how you're feeling today.

I'm...fine?

Patient Observation: Meredith is not making eye contact, her posture is slumped over, and her voice registers a question.

Okay. And how are you feeling about this opportunity to join our family at Highgrove?

I just really want to get better. I guess, I guess I feel...happy?

Patient Observation:Meredith is obviously trying to figure out what I want to hear. When told that there are no right or wrong answers to these questions she looks confused.

If you could alter one event in your life, what event do you think you would change or remove, and why?

I would stop myself from being placed up a grade. That was just really asking for it. I know that I should probably say I'd alter the suicide attempt, but the skipping a grade thing led to the stabbing myself with scissors thing, which led to moving, which led to suicide.

Patient Observation: It takes Meredith some effort to speak this much, but it's clear she's still holding something back.

If you had to describe yourself in only three words, what words would you choose and why?

Tall, weird...and, um, nervous, I guess.

How do you feel currently about your life so far, and anything you may have done?

I feel really bad about probably ruining Daddy's career. And worrying Momma and Daddy, and well, everybody. I just...I'm really sorry.

Patient Observation:Meredith has begun to tear up, but holds back her tears.

What would you do if you found a stranger being attacked by another stranger, and why?

Hide. I'm a coward. I wouldn't want them to come after me.

What would you do if you were being threatened by a stranger, and why?

Probably freak out. And do something stupid. Like always.

Have you ever deliberately harmed yourself, another, or animals in the past? If so, why do you think that was?

I used to cut myself. And well, I stabbed myself in the leg with some scissors once, and threw myself out a window, which is why I'm in the hospital now.

And lastly, what do you hope to find at Highgrove, and how do you think this will help you to learn and grow?

I’m tired of being scared of everybody all the time. I want to be normal. I want to be able to talk to someone without dissecting everything I say and everything they say and worrying that they don’t really like me and that they’re just humoring me. I'm trying to be as honest as possible now, because Dr. Parson says that's the only way I’ll ever get better.

Patient Observation: For the first time in the interview, Meredith looks up and makes eye contact, although her expression is terrified, and her voice shakes.

This concludes our interview for today. Thank you for filling out our application and speaking with me. We will contact you or your guardian shortly with our decision or recommendations.In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your day. Goodbye.

Is there anything your character is not telling us? Do they have any dirty or dark little secrets they're omitting from their application? Please explain below.

Meredith is an open book.

Player Nickname: Clu
Player Chatango Name: NoClu
Character Playby: Annasophia Robb

Last edited by Meredith Rice on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meredith Rice
Meredith Rice

$RP Reward Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Meredith Rice Empty Re: Meredith Rice

Post  Space Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:54 am

This Application Is Currently Pending
Meredith Rice Branch

But don't fret! Just follow the steps given to you below and edit your application appropriately. When you're done, please reply to this thread to let us know that the application has been edited, and we will review it again.

• You're almost there, just a couple of things we'll need tweaked before we can get Meredith approved.
  • First off, the broken legs. If I'm reading it right, those injuries are only a few days old. Highgrove really isn't equipped to handle someone with that kind of injury. If I'm wrong though, can you make it clear when it happened? It can still be in the app, she'll just need to have recovered from the injury before she arrives.
  • Can you explain why she's being referred to Highgrove as opposed to remaining on the psych ward?
  • Lastly, a disclaimer. While there's nothing to suggest you are, just be sure not to use the glossophobia as an excuse for selective mutism. Just a note, nothing too serious.

This Application Was Reviewed by: Ghost and Space.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Meredith Rice Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Alright. I think I covered everything.
Meredith Rice
Meredith Rice

$RP Reward Points : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:44 am

Meredith Rice Approved

Resident Full Name: Meredith Lee Rice
    Resident Age: Fifteen
    Resident Gender: Female
    Known Diagnoses: GAD, Avoidant PD, Phobias, Self Harm

Dormitory Number: 6
    Bunk Number: 2 Top
    Assigned Chores Group: Household Chores
    Assigned Therapist: Dr. Matthias Savage

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum