Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christiana Keeble

2 posters

Go down

Christiana Keeble Empty Christiana Keeble

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Christiana Keeble Staffapp

Christiana Keeble Stephanie-march

Full Name: Christiana Elise Keeble
    Date of Birth: 04/29/1980
    Current Address: 27 Palikilo Rd.
    City/Town: Honolulu
    County/State: Hawaii

Hair Colour: Blonde.
    Eye Colour: Dark blue.
    Height: Five foot four inches.
    Weight: 135 lbs, a significan amount of it muscle.
    Distinguishing Marks: I wear black horn-rimmed glasses for reading, but I can see just fine without them. No piercings, but I have a tattoo of an American Beauty Rose on my left shoulder blade, another tattoo of the Greek letters Phi Sigma Sigma enclosed in a pyramid below my collarbone, just above my heart, and a third tattoo on my right upper arm that reads "Semper Fi" in red and gold script.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Security Guard.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I'm mustering out of the United States Marine Corps, and I want to do something that will both utilize my skills and make the kind of difference in the civilian world I hope I've been making in the Corps. I've always loved children, and I want to protect them.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I have a good deal of training relating to security work and was, in fact, an officer in the USMC I am quick enough, strong enough, and intelligent enough to protect students from both enemies without and enemies within. Moreover, while I am very good at the strong-arm part of the job, I also have a good deal of compassion.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

Yes. As I mentioned above, I was in the USMC. I have been trained in hand-to-hand combat, restraint, use of weapons, and the application of necessary force. Moreover, I served as part of the Military Police and had to both arrest and guard troublemaking Marines.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I am a godan--a fifth-degree black belt--in kendo, and a Boosabum yi-dan--a second-degree black belt--in taekwondo. I also have a bachelor's degree in sociology, which may enable me to understand the students better.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I have not.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

For the last nine years, I have been employed in the United States Marine Corps, where I have worked my way up to Lieutenant. I have been stationed at three different bases: Quantico, Virginia, the Ivory Coast, Africa, and my current location, Honolulu, Hawaii.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

As I mentioned, my job in the USMC trained me to deal with difficult people, and also to use the appropriate amount of force and restraint when necessary. My degree, as I said, is in sociology, and I do understand children quite well, so my hope is that between education and employment, I will be able to perform well.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Passionate, athletic, loyal, compassionate, and authoritative.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

Ordinarily I go for a walk or a run. Usually that burns off enough stress that I am able to function. When running doesn't help, or when I'm pressed for time and can't take a long break, I smoke a cigarette. Less effective than running, but it takes the edge off.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

I'm stubborn to a fault, I make snap judgements about things, and it takes a long time to regain my trust once it has been broken. On the positive side, I am exceptionally loyal to those I do trust, I have the power of instant decision when it comes to action, and I never have to be told to do something twice.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

When I was in college, I went to a party with some friends off-campus. There was alcohol involved, and a substantial amount of drinking. I recognized that I was drunk and told my friends I would call us a cab, but they insisted they were fine to drive. I called a taxi anyway, but I was the only one who took it. I was also the only one who made it back to campus. Two of my friends were killed when one of them lost control and hit a semi; one was sent into a coma; the fourth had serious injuries and took months to recover. They were all my sorority sisters. If I could take the event back, I would force them to take the taxi with me. Nothing is worth losing them.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

Mine is not to reason why; mine alone to do or die.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

Whatever it says in the security manual I am to do. If it says report him/her to his/her supervisor, arrest him/her, throw him/her out of the facilities, make him/her stand on his/her head twiddling his/her toes and whistling "Dixie" backwards, I would do it, because that is what the guidelines say I am to do.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in a military family--both my father and mother were in the Navy, and my older brother and I were very close. A quirk of fate had us stationed in Norfolk, Virginia for most of my life, though, so I did live in that area for most of my life. It was all right, I suppose. It's not the nicest city in the world, but it was all right. I graduated from Granby High School, class of 1999, and went to Virginia Wesleyan College, right in the next city. I guess I didn't want to leave.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I was the quiet, nerdy kid in high school, but my older brother was my best friend. When I started college, my RA talked me into going Greek, and I joined Phi Sigma Sigma sorority. Suddenly I went from having one brother who was my friend to having forty friends who were my sisters. I'm still very close to them.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

As I mentioned, my parents were both Navy. Also, I played the flute in high school and met the members of the Marine Corps Band. I thought at first about trying out for it, but then I realized that I really wanted to do the actual combat stuff if called upon.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

I achieved the rank of first lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

I do have a slight nicotine addiction. I don't know how much I smoke, exactly, because I use loose tobacco and rolling papers to roll my own cigarettes, but I go through a pouch of tobacco a week on average.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

I have never been convicted of a civilian or military crime.

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

Christiana is pretty straightforward and honest. She did, however, neglect to mention that the car crash her sisters were involved in sparked a whole lot of guilt and a minor depression, which she only got over after three years in the Marines.

Character Playby: Stephanie March
Player Nickname: Bre
Chatango Username: BreS13

Back to top Go down

Christiana Keeble Empty Re: Christiana Keeble

Post  Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:03 pm

This Application Is Currently Pending
Christiana Keeble Branch

But don't fret! Just follow the steps given to you below and edit your application appropriately. When you're done, please reply to this thread to let us know that the application has been edited, and we will review it again.

• There's just one problem we have with Christiana, and it's geographical. What it boils down to is why is she moving across the atlantic for what is essentially grunt work? Highgrove is in England, yet nowhere in her app does it say why she's moving so far. Not only that, but unless she has a working visa, or permanent resident status, she's not going to be able to work at highgrove, and the home aren't going to go to the trouble of sorting that out for her for a security guard position. We'll need to know why she's moving so far for a job like that, and if she's got all her papers in order. If she's going down the permanent resident route, she'll need to have been in the UK on work permits for at least five years. The alternative would be to make her British.

This Application Was Reviewed by: Space, Ghost and Nebby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zillah Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

This Application Has Been Marked as Dormant
Christiana Keeble Branch

This application has been inactive for three days, and as such it has been marked as dormant. If you wish to continue the application process, you must make the appropriate changes listed in your pending notice, and reply to this thread within the next two days. Failure to do so will result in this application being denied, and you may not apply to play this character again in the future.
Zillah
Zillah

$RP Reward Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 am

This Application Has Been Denied
Christiana Keeble Branch

We apologise for the inconvenience, but this application has unfortunately been denied. The reasons for this denial are listed below. We encourage you to make another character and try again, but you may not use the same character name and primary issues for your next application.

• This application has been marked as dormant.

This Application Was Reviewed by: Ghost.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 66

https://highgrove.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum