Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucinda Marsh

3 posters

Go down

Lucinda Marsh Empty Lucinda Marsh

Post  Lucinda Marsh Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:10 am

Lucinda Marsh Staffapp

Lucinda Marsh 55jtid

Full Name: Lucinda Corinne Marsh (“Lucky”)
    Date of Birth: 20/08/1977
    Current Address: 153 Haxby Road
    City/Town: York
    County/State: North Yorkshire

Hair Colour: Blonde
    Eye Colour: Brown
    Height: Fluctuates between 5'8 and 6' depending on my legs at the time.
    Weight: Again, dependent on my legs. I have a healthy/atheletic body type.
    Distinguishing Marks: I am a double amputee, both of my legs were removed below the knee at fifteen following the accident that resulted from youthful folly and a train. I have some scarring from that accident and a bird design tattooed between my shoulder blades.

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:
I'm looking to take up a nursing position.

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):
I've been wanting to relocate and the Lake District is my dream location.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:
Though I wouldn't be called 'troubled' I was a bit of a wild thing when I was young. Teenage rebellion and hanging out with older boys mostly. Nothing too serious but in the end I do stand as an excellent cautionary tale for kids. Nothing like a gory train accident to get their attentions. Also, I have a very youthful, energetic personality so I they won't tire me out too easily either. I'm very good at relating to young people more than anything else.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:
I am an RN, I got my degree the age of 28 from the University of Huddersfield. Previous to that I was certified as a Reiki practitioner at age 22 from Darlington College. I have six years of experience as a nurse and twelve years experience as a freelance Reiki practitioner.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:
Being an amputee I am very good at working with patients disabilities and those who had experienced a traumatic loss. I'm not educated specially in any of this but I certainly know where they're coming from.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:
Not quite so specifically. I worked in various departments throughout by nursing career. My favourites being pediatrics, emergency, and surgery. During my days off, when I'm practicing Reiki I worked with a lot of Autistic children. A friend of the family found the treatments calmed her son significantly and she passed my contact information around her support group.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:
York Hospital here has been the most recent. Four years on the nursing staff as an R.N., including spending the last year as the evening shift supervisor. Before that I worked at Scarborough General Hospital in Scarborough, North Yorkshire for 2 years as nurse and for my residency before that. Previous to that I freelanced as a reiki practitioner as well as worked with my mother's midwife business.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:
The benefit of my nursing work is obvious enough in the position I'm applying for. I have found my reiki practice to help significantly with tough behaviour cases. I find that even skeptics can see the benefit behind taking time out of a troubled child's day to have them relax and meditate. If nothing else it allows them time to work on themselves and refocus on their well-being.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):
Resilient, Compassionate, Light-hearted, At-ease, and Blessed.

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:
Thankfully I was born with a fairly easy going personality. I can get stressed at times but I do my best not to hang on to it. When I am feeling overwhemled I might meditate or go for a run. Or there's always the big guns: a tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:
I can be a bit flippant at times if I don't feel something's terribly important, though this applies more to by personal life than professional. Obviously when you're dealing with people's health most everything is important. I can be impatient and don't deal well with loosing sleep. On the positive: I am the kind of person who can bounce back from most anything. I am loving and empathetic which are powerful traits for a nurse in my opinion.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:
While I don't let it hold me back, obvious I would have chosen to not loose my lower legs. My accident was the mistake of a foolish teenager and it affects me everyday. One of my friends had just bought their first car for our little group and we were celebrating. We got our hands on some liquor and drove out of the village. It was this really beautiful warm summer night and we ended up drinking and goofing around on the train tracks. Looking back now, it's hilarious how stupid the whole thing was. My shoelace got caught, because I never used to tie them. It was “my thing” back then, I suppose. The bit that always bothers me the most isn't the accident or even loss of limb itself it's just how silly and juvenile the whole thing was. Just a little less “invincible” teenage bravado and I wouldn't have had to go through what I did.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:
If there is time, ask to have it explained to me further. But, of course, being in the medical field, time is often of the essence and there's such a strong importance to working as a team. I would default to the knowledge of my superior in the moment and hope that in time I'd see why they made the call they did.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:
If there were a friend I didn't expect this behaviour from I'd probably go to them first, try to find out what was going on. However, in the end I'd have to report them. Especially if the safety of patients was concerned.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:
I grew up in Scalby, North Yorkshire. It's a small village, always getting smaller, or at least that was always how it felt. Not much going on, thus why the youth were prone to foolish acts of whimsy. My aunt and uncle still live there so when I go back to visit I get the delightful turn of playing the cautionary tale for the kids in town. They still hang out near those tracks, they stopped for a while, but they always have and they always will.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:
I was a pretty popular when I was young: had a big group of friends, hung out with some olders kids-which was a real feather in my cap at the time. After the accident I lost a lot of friends, bless them they tried but suddenly I was going through something big. We didn't understand how to relate to each other anymore. It was in this time that I reconnected with my mother. These days she's my best friend and my rock, I have trouble imagining what our relationship would be like today if it weren't for my accident.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:
The time I spent in recovery peaked my interest in health in general. My mother was the one to contact a reiki practitioner for me. At the time my healing was well on it's way but I was having terrible phantom limb pains. I became fascinated reiki and followed that path for a time. As I got older however I realized I wanted to be able to help people more immediately. Helping people manage the pain wasn't enough for me any more. That's when I decided to add the nursing degree to my bag of tricks.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:
No.

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:
I drank socially and experimented with drugs as a kid, but no more than any other teen my age. Since then I will enjoy one or two drinks in a social situation but rarely more than that.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:
No.

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:
She still dreams about trains, but wouldn't you?

Also, she's applying outside of York to get away. She's just broken it off with her boyfriend of six years for continuously failing to propose and just generally loosing his lust for life.

Character Playby: Aimee Mullins
Player Nickname: Kels
Chatango Username: KelseyLynnn

Last edited by Lucinda Marsh on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lucinda Marsh
Lucinda Marsh

$RP Reward Points : 9

Back to top Go down

Lucinda Marsh Empty Re: Lucinda Marsh

Post  Ghost Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:55 am

This Application Is Currently Pending
Lucinda Marsh Branch

But don't fret! Just follow the steps given to you below and edit your application appropriately. When you're done, please reply to this thread to let us know that the application has been edited, and we will review it again.

• This is a quickie. : )
  • I'm just a little confused about this part:
    Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:
    Though I wouldn't be called 'troubled'
    I feel like maybe this answer got a little borked? If yuo could tweak it, that would be great.
  • And another quickie: There's quite a few typos and wrong-words-in-wrong-places throughout the app. If you could give a proof-read and just fix them up, you'll be all set.

This Application Was Reviewed by: Ghost.
Ghost
Ghost
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 66

https://highgrove.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucinda Marsh Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:52 pm

I am a silly goose, it's all fixed now. :]
Lucinda Marsh
Lucinda Marsh

$RP Reward Points : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Lucinda Marsh Approved

Full Name: Lucinda Marsh
    Position: Nurse
    House Number: 6 Highgrove Terrace

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum