Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riley Micheals

2 posters

Go down

Riley Micheals Empty Riley Micheals

Post  Riley Micheals Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:43 am

Riley Micheals Staffapp

Riley Micheals Nordstromfw10_015-1

Full Name: Riley Marie Michaels
    Date of Birth:October 14, 1990
    Current Address: 28 Brant Ln.
    City/Town:Grove End
    County/State:Surry

Hair Colour:Brunette
    Eye Colour:Blue
    Height: 5’7”
    Weight: 115
    Distinguishing Marks: Nothing aside from pierced ears

Please list position(s) for which you are applying:

Assistant Librarian

Please explain why you are applying for the position(s):

I’ve just gotten my Bachelor’s degree in Library Science and Information and wanted to travel the world. I’ve just moved here from America and was encouraged to look for a job to gain a sense of cultural experience as well as work experience.

Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for the position(s)?:

I work diligently and feel I would do well under the supervision of another, more experienced, librarian. I also find the aspect of working with children an added bonus as it gives me a hands-on experience to being a real, working librarian.

Do you posses the necessary qualifications for the position(s) for which you are applying? If yes, please list them below:

Yes, as mentioned, I have just received my Bachelor’s in Library Science and Information and I’ve also taken workshops on teaching children to become more invested in literature.

What other qualifications or skills do you possess which you feel will aid your performance in the chosen position(s)?:

I work well with others and feel confident in my ability to help those who need it. I am very organized and always keep things neat and tidy. I have no affinities to staying late to clean up the work space. Personally I feel that it’s worth spending that extra time making things look nice; it makes it much more satisfying to walk into work the next day.

Have you worked in this type of position or facility before? If so, where and when?:

I did volunteer at the library at my college and was even on staff part time at a local used book store in the city I lived in.

Please describe your most recent employment experiences, including your positions there, company names, and locations:

I worked for Grass Roots Books as a salesperson in Washington and have also been employed with a Before and After School program for several years in Seattle.

How do you think your previous education and employment experiences will aid your performance within the chosen position(s)?:

I feel that my work with kids and books thus far has prepared me for either sect individually. However, I recognize that having the two intermingled in my place of work will be much more of a challenge. Still, I’ve found that determination and a positive attitude can get almost anything done and I’m more than willing to delve into this new experience.

Please describe yourself to the best of your ability, in only five words. ('And' will not count towards these.):

Positive, Determined, Capable, Adept, Nurturing

What methods would you employ in order to relax during times of stress, and how effective do you think these have been in the past?:

Honestly, books have always been my outlet for stress. They’re such a simple yet diverting tool and I can’t imagine that I wouldn’t be able to feel at ease around stacks of books.

Please list three traits about yourself that you consider negative, and three traits about yourself that you consider positive. Explain these choices if necessary:

I have a tendency to be overbearing and too concerned over others. I’m not much of a leader; I tend to follow directions rather than dictate instructions. Lastly, my biggest handicap is that I am uncertain in how best to help people (i.e. refer them to someone else, offer my own insight, bake them sweets, etc.). This, too I feel, can be amended with time.
In terms of strength, I am very enthusiastic in my approach to work and helping others. I’m dedicated to my craft and will go the extra mile to make sure that things are kept as they should be. I also like to keep up a friendly attitude even during times of trouble.

Describe one event in your life that you would change if you could, and why:

I wouldn’t like to change anything. I like where I’m at in life right now and I have so much more of it to live, I wouldn’t like to risk it all trying to change an embarrassing moment.

If a superior gave you a task to complete, to which you were wholly, morally opposed, what would you do?:

I like to think that I stick to my morals pretty strongly. However, if my superior desperately sought out my help in performing such a task, I suppose that I would help depending on their own conviction of the direness of the given situation.

If you caught a friend and co-worker stealing from your place of employment, breaking rules, and/or endangering the safety of others, what would you do?:

I would likely ask them to give back whatever they stole and let them off with a warning, giving a report to my superior. If it persisted I would go to the head of the school or the police if necessary.

Where did you grow up, and what was it like there?:

I grew up in Oregon in a house surrounded by trees and greenery. It was beautiful to be around so much life and energy. My school was just a bus ride away—both elementary and middle—and the high school wasn’t much more than a ten minute drive from the house.

What are/were your social interactions like? Do/did you have many friends and/or relationships?:

I wasn’t exactly popular, but I had friends. I always like quality more than quantity and so my friendships were always long and lasting, albeit fewer than most. I was content with my social standing and wasn’t taunted or teased, but stayed just far enough away from the radar to be noticed by those of a crueler persuasion.

What prompted you to pursue the career path you are now following?:

I didn’t have a huge social life and I spent a lot of my time in school, helping teachers if they needed it. I do remember that my high school librarian was absolutely dreamy and any girl who happened upon him was instantly smitten. I guess he may have sparked the interest, but I’ve done nothing since but stoked the fire. Once I’d found books, it was really an all-consuming passion.

Were you ever a member of the armed forces or of a law enforcement or security agency? If yes, please list rank and branch, or company name and location:

No

Do/Did you ever abuse controlled substances, including but not limited to alcohol, prescription medications, street drugs and tobacco?:

No

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? If yes, please list conviction(s) and served sentence(s) below:

No

Is there anything your character isn't telling us? Do you have more information to add about your character that they would not tell the representative about? Please explain below:

Riley is ultimately a very bright and pleasant person, however she does have some deeply rooted insecurities about herself which is the main cause of her submissiveness and her unwillingness to take charge. She does, however, really enjoy being part of kids’ lives and is excited to start a new chapter in her own life, here in a strange country.

Character Playby:Coco Rocha
Player Nickname:Marquee
Chatango Username:Marqueeeee

Riley Micheals

$RP Reward Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Riley Micheals Empty Re: Riley Micheals

Post  Space Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Riley Micheals Approved

Full Name: Riley Marie Michaels
    Position: Assistant Librarian
    House Number: 9 Highgrove Terrace

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down