Highgrove Home for Children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Thatcher

2 posters

Go down

Alan Thatcher Empty Alan Thatcher

Post  Alan Thatcher Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Alan Thatcher Resapp

Alan Thatcher Alanapp
My name is Dr. Shuraj Jhadav and I am Alan’s psychologist at the group home Search for Change. I will be offering benign interpretations to some of his often hostile opinions and filling in details that he refuses to answer.

Resident Full Name: Alan Isaac Thatcher
    Resident Date of Birth: November 21st, 1995
    Resident Age: Sixteen
    Resident Gender: Male
    Current Address: Search for Change- 188 Wino Way (PRICELESS.)
    City/Town: London
    County/State: Greater London

Resident Hair Colour: Dark brown
    Resident Eye Colour: Dark brown
    Resident Height: 5’9”
    Resident Weight: 139 lbs.
    Distinguishing Marks: My ears are pierced, and I have an unusually long tongue- long enough that I could paint my face and try out for a metal band. I also have squinty eyes thanks to being Filipino.

Do you have any ongoing medical conditions for which you require long-term treatment or medications?

Nothing serious, but I do get colds and fevers way more often than Joe Public. It’s annoying.

Are you aware of any allergies you may have to foods, medications or environmental elements? If so, please list them below along with age of onset.

I’m allergic to persistent stupidity. None.

Do you take any other medications or drugs not prescribed to you, or participate in the consumption of alcohol or tobacco?

Haven’t tried any drugs except for nicotine and alcohol. I have a fag here and there to relieve stress whenever I can afford it. And as for that other thing I mentioned… I’m really not picky. I drink whatever, whenever and as much as I can- which isn’t that much, come to think of it. It’s kind of hard to keep liquor stored up in a group home where they do contraband checks. It’s not that much of a problem- I don’t drink every day or anything. I still have a liver and all my teeth. And I can think straight. I just… need to forget sometimes.

I have diagnosed Alan with alcoholism in addition to his other disorders. Due to the nature of his placement, the times when he drinks are limited. However, the quantity that he drinks at one time, the fact that he drinks alone to forget his past, and that he doesn’t seem to think he has a problem lead me to this diagnosis.

Where were you born and where did you grow up? What was it like there?

This is a fucking joke, right? You know what? No. I’ll play your game. I was born in the lovely little town of Shepperton in Surrey. It was right near the river and my house was wonderful- if you didn’t catch the sarcasm, you’re an idiot. Actually, all of that wasn’t a lie, per se… (Example: The ‘house’ could have been a lot worse- we were on the lower side of upper class, so it’s not like Dad was cutting holes in our shoes to make them last longer.) but I do see it and the world quite differently now. Growing up was alright, I guess. Except that my sister and I never had a mother- she popped Iz out and went off trying (and failing) to be a famous actress. Seriously! Although, I don't think she's as famous as she set out to be, if at all, because I don't see her name on television or magazines. She's probably flopping around somewhere alone trying to get the role of a supporting character in a soap opera. Like I care.

Back to the house- I was never hit… but sometimes, I wanted to be. Just to prove Dad was alive. Even though our my dad was a psychotic, emotionless fuck, I really didn’t have a lot to complain about other than constant, petty arguments. ((The following words were violently scribbled out, but still decipherable: Isabella was alive, and I was still stupid enough to believe her when she said she was fine.))

Alan, understandably, has a lot of pent up resentment towards his mother. When she left, Alan was three years old and Isabella was newly born. He speculates that she left because his father was an 'emotionless robot' and that he may have inherited his ‘selfishness’ from her… both of which he’ll never know the answer to. Since the beginning, Alan’s relationship with his father was strained as well.

Please describe your relationships with your biological family, including parents, and siblings if applicable.

Well, well- you don’t waste much time, do you? ((The pen switches color, suggesting that this question was mulled over and returned to later.)) Our My father, like I said before, was controlling and completely absent… and I really hate using synonyms that undermine the meaning of the word, but it’s the best I can do without sounding like a whiny little shit. Since he’s the only remaining parent, you’d think my sister and I were raised by my dad. Nope- we were raised by nannies and policed by my dad. And the nannies rotated a lot- that was my fault, though. I’d delve into my then infinite supply of energy to be the worst possible screaming little asshole ever so that they’d leave and then our father would raise us. That never happened- Mum kept pretending from a long distance (I don’t have, nor do I want, contact with her.) and Dad just kept hiring and firing new nannies.

Putting it bluntly, Dad’s so intelligent that he has no idea how to raise children or express love- the main difference between my sister and I was that I was smart enough to know that trying to earn his love (EARN his love… how sad is that?) or make him proud was absolutely useless… she didn’t. Even though our my father was never physically abusive, he made up for it psychologically- the basis of it was drilling the lie in both of our skulls that whatever we were doing wasn’t good enough. An ‘A-‘ wasn’t an ‘A’. Hit one wrong key in “Polonaise” by Chopin and start all over again automatically so to not think about his reaction. (That song’s eleven minutes long…) What REALLY pissed me off was that he never even yelled, right? He was never actually alive. I could scream at him, hit things, threaten to run away, smash whatever was in the room, blow a hole through the wall and it wouldn’t make a fucking difference. He just kept his voice inaudible and face stoic, and he could subdue me like a dog with two sentences every time without fail: “Your sister would never do that,” or “You’re hurting your sister.” (The second one being the most effective as I got older.) Anyway, I’m not with him anymore. After my arrest, he said he didn’t want to take me back, so I was placed in a group home. Both of his children are gone now- he can die alone for all I care.

And my sister. ((The handwriting is less shaky, suggesting that Alan calmed down some before writing further.)) I guess I have to tell you blokes about her, don’t I? That’s fine. She is was my little sister- three years younger. Her name is was Isabella Alanna Thatcher, and mine is Alan Isaac Thatcher- the only thing my Mum did right was make the interchangeability of our names sound interesting. Iz did absolutely nothing wrong. She is was as smart as I was, but she isn’t was never arrogant about it. She was very goal-oriented, and pretty sassy too- she was one of those tiny girls with huge attitudes who kept witty comebacks in her purse pocket. Unlike me, she was definitely going somewhere- you know, university/great paying job/Nobel Prize bound… and loved everyone except herself- she thought she wasn’t perfect enough for our father. And that’s what killed her.

Last New Year's Day, Isabella was found hanging in her room while there was a family get-together somewhere else in the house. Alan tried coaxing Isabella from studying, but she refused to join the party and Alan obeyed her wish to be left alone. He found her right after the ball dropped, her neck tied around a belt. In a rush of panic, he pounded on the door to his father's office only to be ignored (His father assumed it was one of his outbursts) and called the police. An ambulance was sent for her and she was pronounced dead at the scene. It is an incident Alan refuses to speak about unless forced to, and he expresses in other ways that he feels remorse for leaving her alone that night.

How were/are you in school? How are your grades? Do you enjoy school?

I could have easily skipped a grade or two if Jen (One of the nannies-the most influential one.) didn’t argue that it was necessary for me to stay with my age group, which I don’t know why- most of them were immature and uninteresting. My grades were all A’s and I never actually tried- the only subtractions for grades were late homework assignments. Even if our my father had never demanded perfection, I think I would still get the same grades- I read a few studies that suggest that most intelligence is nature. I would have enjoyed school if the subject matter were a little more interesting.

What Alan fails to mention is that after Isabella’s suicide, his grades dropped significantly.

Do you participate in any extracurricular activities or belong to any after-school clubs?

You mean all the ones I’ve started, or what I’ve stuck with? Because I was involved in cricket, chess, taekwondo, piano, violin, swimming, basketball, clarinet, tennis, archery… I’m sure there was something else, and I quit them all after a few months or years to start something new even though I was good at all of them.

The only school club I was ever in was the debate team. But once, I got so angry at this guy’s blatant ignorance that I called him out for it, but I guess I ‘too harsh’. I got suspended and kicked out for good. (He deserved it- you want to argue? Then know what the fuck you’re talking about!) The only two things I haven’t completely dropped were music mixing and freestyle rapping. (I started experimenting with these fairly recently because I was too ‘afraid’ to try them out while I was living with my dad- do you want to tell my asshole, stone-cold father that his estranged son is a rapper? It’d be funny, but he’d psychoanalyze you until you dropped dead on his porch. My rationale is… what’s the point of rapping if all people rap about are how much money they make or how many girls they fucked or what drugs they were on the previous night? I rap about more meaningful things than that.)

Currently, I have a job at Sainsbury’s as a bagger. Search for Change allows for its residents to get jobs- probably in the hopes that they’ll become productive members of society or some other bullshit. I’m not complaining though- that’s how I can afford my liquor.

The debate team incident was centered around a potentially emotional topic- abortion. The boy he was arguing with was religious, therefore Pro-Life, and apparently used false statistics. Alan swears he didn’t attack Christianity itself, (A notion I am less inclined to believe given his sometimes hostile nature) but he certainly could have been nicer about it. I believe Alan to have a problem with stopping himself wen he makes a point- he tends to run the idea into the ground, even when he knows he has been heard loud and clear.

If you no longer reside with your biological family, please describe any previous homes as well as your current situation.

The only other place I’ve lived is Search for Change, where I’m living at the moment. Initially, I didn’t really have an opinion of it- other than that it’s a hell of a lot better than juvie. But Edwin made it a second home, you know, a home before Iz killed herself. But now that he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore, the walls of this fucking place are slowly caving in… becoming darker and darker and constantly reminding me how much I’ve fucked up my life. I want out. Now.

Do you have many/any friends? If so, please describe them.
Isabella was my best friend… before… Anyway…

I had plenty of mates from all the activities I did- classmates and teammates. Most people couldn’t tolerate me constantly arguing over nothing or reacting with more anger than what made sense to the situation, but there were a few who could. I don’t really have one worth mentioning since I was constantly changing interests and thus, changing friends- besides, no one could stand to be around me starting last New Year’s. After that, I changed too much. I don’t blame them, really.

In juvie, I made a handful of allies. (You don’t make ‘friends’ in lock-up.) I hated rap before I got sent there, but listening to it constantly from them made me have a change of heart- my style is basically slam poetry to a beat, unlike theirs. They were alright. I made my fair share of enemies as well.

Now though, my ‘friends’ are Seamus McKinnon and Johnny Wheeler- two idiots who I paid to steal vodka from their parents. They held onto it for me, too, since I had nowhere to store it. They both kept asking me to have a drink with them and I said no every time- I always drink alone. Seamus was my main supplier, Johnny was back-up. Must’ve been desperate to afford Call of Duty: Black Ops or whatever else normal teenagers spend money on these days.

And Edwin… is gone. Not dead, just gone. He can’t look at me anymore.

From what Alan has told me in session, his personality did a complete one hundred and eighty-degree spin after Isabella’s passing. He hinted that he was very energetic and exuberant as a boy, which may have been the fuel for his many hobbies. Now, what little energy he has is spent by keeping his guard up and through the episodes associated with his IED. His bouts of rage evolved from only yelling and throwing things to violence since his sister’s death. It is unclear whether the shift is due to the death of his sister or the alcoholism. However, it should be noted that all of Alan’s violent outbursts were for the defense or in the name of others and never for selfish reasons.

The nature of the relationships with Seamus, Johnny and Edwin in particular lead me to believe that Alan possesses a manipulative streak. He bribed Seamus and Johnny to supply him with alcohol and betray their parents’ trust- a task that probably wasn’t hard for him to do. He told me once that he does lie and ‘finagle’ occasionally to get what he wants, usually over something trivial.

As for Edwin, the two bonded almost instantaneously- Alan fiercely took the younger boy under his wing, and the relationship was the only one I am aware of where Alan displayed tenderness after Isabella… suggesting that Edwin may have been a replacement for her. Despite the kindness that Alan showed for Edwin, I believe he was a bit controlling and possessive- he always asked (or demanded to know) where Edwin was going, if anyone was bullying him or what he was feeling. (Whenever Edwin would say that he was ‘fine’ but do something as slight as look away or play with the pen in his hand, Alan wouldn’t believe him- because of his experience with his sister.) It is unclear to me whether Alan’s actions were of genuine concern, sheer manipulation, or both. Edwin, however, seemed either unaware of Alan’s tight grip or, given his history of abandonment, enjoyed being cared about and ignored it.

Are you sexually active? Are you aware of any gender preference, or preferences in intimate practices, activities or situations?

I’ve had sex before, but I didn’t really have the desire to after Iz… left. The experiences I’ve had with sex haven’t exactly been enjoyable. I’ve (very briefly) hooked up with three girls, and even though each of them were quite different, the experience was the same- boring… and kind of gross.

The problem was the girls themselves- I’m certain of it! Each of them just wanted to get in my pants because they thought I was ‘hot’ or ‘mysterious’ or whatever. Anyway, they were all superficial and liked me for the wrong reasons. That’s definitely why.

In session, Alan has reported to me that the girls who he ‘hooked up’ with were amongst many of his female admirers- he was widely gossiped about because when he moved to London because of Search for Change, he was the new boy in school who projected the image of the tall, dark, mysterious archetype. Despite this, he did not take a liking to any of the girls who flirted with and fawned over him… which leads me to believe that he may not have an attraction to women at all. However, this is simply a speculation- Alan has refused to elaborate on several occasions about the matter, lashing out once. This defensiveness was shown in that instance and the way he quickly jumped to explain his answer above.

Have you ever knowingly committed a crime? Were you caught and convicted? If convicted, what was your sentencing?

I tried impaling my father on a candleholder at my sister’s funeral. I was sentenced to a year in juvenile hall- HM Prison Coldingly, to be exact. I was there from January 3rd, 2011 to January 3rd, 2012.

This incident will be discussed in further sections.

Have you ever been diagnosed with any psychiatric ailments by a medical or psychiatric professional? If yes, please explain below.

I’ve had IED all my life- once I get angry I just… I take a temporary trip outside and this pretentious, judgmental fire beast has a screaming match over whether or not “The Twilight Series” was written well. I like to think of myself as philosophical, and my anger ruins that. It’s the only thing still childish about me. I saw a psychiatrist every two months for it, but never a weekly therapist until Dr. Jhadav. Dad was a diagnostician for mental disorders since he couldn’t be a therapist, (HA! I’d be a better therapist than him. And that’s saying something.) so he knew from the start what was wrong with me and he thought his way of dealing with my anger was better than sending me to therapy. He’s such an asshole…

In addition to Intermittent Explosive Disorder and alcoholism, I have also diagnosed Alan with Major Depressive Disorder. He was described as ‘cheery’ and ‘hyperactive’ before Isabella died- now, he is apathetic and rarely smiles. He spends most of his time alone, has lost interest in practically everything he once enjoyed and his only two moods seem to either be lethargic or enraged. I believe it was his depression, and the memory of finding Isabella’s body, that caused his alcoholism.

Please describe any incidents associated with these ailments, such as antisocial behaviours, social or environmental difficulties, incidents of self harming, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, substance abuse, etc.

At my sister’s funeral, I was a walking zombie- I was numb and thought that since I cried for a straight two days, I wouldn’t cry during it. I ended up crying anyway and did all I could to avoid my dad. I didn’t look at or speak to him except what was required to get in the backseat the day of. Mum didn’t show up. She didn’t show up to her own daughter’s funeral. I will never forgive her, but why should she care? She hasn’t for thirteen years. Anyway… I remember it clearly- I was sitting and wallowing. I was thinking about all of the things I could have said to her- all of the things I could have done to make her feel like she wasn’t alone. In recent years, she tried to distance herself from me because, well, I’m her big brother and she didn’t like me protecting or comforting her. She outgrew me- since our parents were absent, I was her parent. I was her mother, father, brother and guardian. I was thinking about what I could have done to stop her, all the things I didn’t do, all the good memories and what I was going to do without her. That’s when I heard my dad talking to some old idiot. He said, “Yes. It is tragic. I am quite sad.” like some kind of fucking robot.

I snapped. It wasn’t the same as my outbursts because I’m usually aware of the transition and don’t care enough to stop. No… it was nothing like that- it was instantaneous. I grabbed the nearest object off of the table, didn’t feel how heavy it was, and started pelting his stomach with it while screaming something about how much he didn’t care. He was on the ground and I was stabbing him with it even though it was blunt- I thought if I hit him enough times, it could go through him. Turns out, the object was a candleholder and as the men were holding me down, the police station was right next to the funeral home, so they were there as fast as I could realize I was myself again. Then I was thrown in juvie and Dad hobbled off with a few broken ribs.

The only other time I’ve blacked out into violence like that… was when I learned that Ed was getting bullied. I met Edwin the night I came to the group home because he was my roommate- and in a span of a few hours, we were inseparable. We even talked about being a family, you know, because he didn’t have one either. He was thrown away by his and I rejected mine. I’ll never understand it… who wouldn’t want such a harmless, sweet child? In addition to that, he also had to deal with anxiety and PTSD- I’d always find him crying in a tight ball in some kind of enclosed hiding place like a kitchen cabinet- he’s tiny. The size of me when I was ten.

Anyway… he gave me meaning again. Both of us didn’t want to be alone anymore- we were all we had.
When Isabella turned twelve, she made it her life’s mission to make sure our social lives were separate to prove that she was more grown up. (What little social life she had… she was always studying.) Therefore, if she were bullied, I wouldn’t have known about it. But if I did, let me tell you- there would be a few dead bodies, and I wouldn’t hold back on yelling at girls, as long as the point was clear: Do. Not. Mess. With. My. Sister. Once she was gone, I had no one to love- until Edwin. And I adopted the same ideology with him.

So when I found some little fourteen-year-old asshole dunking Ed’s head in the toilet for fun, I blacked out there too. He would have been losing an eye, a few limbs and the top half of his spinal chord if staff hadn’t been there to break it up. Honestly, the fight was a little unfair- I’m six-foot and the kid was only a little taller than Ed. But in the moment, all I could think about was that bastard was hurting my brother and single-handedly destroying the work I’d been doing with the kid’s eroded self esteem by being a dick. Edwin didn’t see most of it- he was too busy panicking and washing his face off. But he looked up towards the tail-end of it, saw the stupid punk’s bloody nose and black eyes and ran off. I didn’t get to follow him because I was too busy being sedated and hauled off to seclusion. By the time I got out, Ed had moved to another room and I wasn’t allowed to talk to him.

Have you ever seen a licensed psychiatric professional, psychologist, or counsellor for these ailments? If yes, please list doctor(s) or counsellor(s) below:

I started seeing Dr. Jhadav when I first came to Search for Change. My psychiatrist during my childhood was named Dr. White.

Do you take any medications for any diagnosed psychiatric ailments? If yes, please list medication, dosage, and frequency of dosage below:

50 mg of Zoloft in the morning, once a day.

Have you ever been admitted to a short or long-term psychiatric facility as a result of these ailments or associated incidents?

Surprisingly, no.

How do you feel these ailments affect your quality of life or your situation in life?

Well, like I said before, I hate my anger problem because it turns me into a different person and WAY outside of who I want to be. I guess I drink too much… but it’s all I have right now.

If you could be cured of your ailments, what would your goals in life be?

I don’t have any goals… not anymore, at least. Right now, I’ve been getting really into making music mash-ups and freestyle rapping. I might pursue this and become a DJ, though knowing me, I’ll drop the idea like everything else and go be a welder or something.

How do you feel these goals would be best attained?

Like I said- I don’t have any goals. Without a destination, you can’t have a plan to get there, can you? I’m just kind of cruising in purgatory right now, (futilely) trying to enjoy the journey and see where I end up.

Why do you feel you are being referred to Highgrove, and by whom?

I asked Dr. Jhadav where else I could go. I told him I didn’t care where, as long as no one knew who I was.

I informed Alan about Highgrove in particular because, although Search for Change is a psychiatric group home, it is located in London- the city setting has made it easier for Alan to obtain alcohol. After the incident with Edwin, Alan has made a few enemies in addition to hurting the only person he seemed to have cared about… which may be a safety concern. I believe a change of scenery, tougher security and a fresh start are all things Alan could benefit from.

Hello, and thank you for meeting with me today. Our interview today will be recorded for review later. I'm going to ask you a series of questions, and I'd like for you to answer as fully as you are able. I'd like to start by asking you how you're feeling today.

“Well, aren’t you just the perfect cookie-cutter line memorizer? You should try varying up your vernacular to give it some spice.”

Patient observation: Alan is slouched in the chair, his arms crossed to possibly form a barrier. His eyes narrow with the final question.

“Why should it matter to you how I’m feeling? I was fine until you asked that. Scripted questions like that piss me off.”

Patient observation: His eyes drift to the floor, then after a period of silence, he leans forward to put his elbows on his knees. He appears guilty that he hadn’t reacted differently, and avoids eye contact.

“Sorry. I’m usually not like that. It’s just… the thought of therapy puts my back against the wall, so to speak. Questions mean I have to give answers. I’d like to say I won’t get angry again, but I can’t make any promises.”

Okay. And how are you feeling about this opportunity to join our family at Highgrove?

Patient Observation: He shrugs.

“Anywhere’s better than here.”

If you could alter one event in your life, what event do you think you would change or remove, and why?

Patient Observation: Alan, at first, refused to answer this question, but sighed before reluctantly continuing.

“I wouldn’t have believed Iz when she said she was fine on New Year’s- I would have carried her kicking and screaming from her desk, if I had to. I’ve done it before. And we would have… I don’t know... anything! Something stupid like eating yogurt together in the kitchen and watching the stupid ball drop and talking about something other than school or how much better she could have played that song at her recital! She obsessed over everything like that. I would have told her I loved her more. I did often, but I would have told her every day and hugged her even when she shoved me and told me I was annoying.”

Patient Observation: His eyes tear up and he looks away from me. His voice shakes slightly.

“I did all that stuff with Ed. And then I fucked that up by showing him how much of a monster I am.”

Patient Observation: He sighs and sits up.

“Can we stop talking about this? It’s making me want to drink.”

If you had to describe yourself in only three words, what words would you choose and why?

“Well, I can’t really describe myself unless I separate my regular self and my angry self… because they’re quite different and they contradict each other. Normally, I’m analytical, philosophical and laid-back. When I’m pissed off, I’m judgmental, argumentative and over-protective. It’s like my whole identity goes out the window when I’m like that.”

How do you feel currently about your life so far, and anything you may have done?

“I think I’m a complete fuck-up who turned out to be alone in the end. And I have no one to blame but myself. I couldn’t save Iz, landed myself in jail, and made Edwin afraid of me. And the only way I can escape it, at least for an hour or so, is by drinking.”

What would you do if you found a stranger being attacked by another stranger, and why?

“What do you think? I’d beat him ‘till he was either unconscious, dead, or otherwise away from that other idiot. Violence of that sort pisses me off.”

What would you do if you were being threatened by a stranger, and why?

“Hmm. Well, there’s a lot to look at here. If I were in a good, merciful mood, I’d ask the poor bloke what the hell he might be doing. When his hand is on my collar and the bastard yells in my face, I’d definitely make fun of him for having nothing better to do than scream at a complete stranger, which in turn, will anger him more. This will continue for some time until his words will hit something, something annoying. And because of my disorder, I’ll throw out the smug bullshit and yell at him back. Then, he’ll throw the first punch and I’ll defend myself. You can tell how many times this has happened to me. I’ve pissed off some other person’s mate or I’ve smashed an item of theirs or they don’t like my attitude- yada, yada, it’s the same shit. I’ve never thrown the first punch with petty things like these, though. The only times when I’ve started violence was with my father and that little asshole terrorizing Ed. But I didn’t say anything about instigation, or yelling.”

Patient Observation: He smirks.

Have you ever deliberately harmed yourself, another, or animals in the past? If so, why do you think that was?

“Never myself, never an animal, but like I told you lot before, I tried to impale my father and gave a fourteen-year-old a solid beating. Given the fact that I have IED, that’s actually kind of merciful.”

And lastly, what do you hope to find at Highgrove, and how do you think this will help you to learn and grow?

“I don’t want to learn and grow. I just want to start over. And forget.”

Patient Observation: Alan’s eyes drift to the ground.

“That’s it.”

This concludes our interview for today. Thank you for filling out our application and speaking with me. We will contact you or your guardian shortly with our decision or recommendations.In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your day. Goodbye.

Is there anything your character is not telling us? Do they have any dirty or dark little secrets they're omitting from their application? Please explain below.

Isn’t he just peachy?

As you could probably tell from his application, this boy is VERY insecure… about a bunch of different things. His insecurity, like his sexuality, is blatantly obvious if you look for it… but not if you don’t. He hides himself well, however, and has his share of masks and defense mechanisms. But here’s what I mean:

Alan is sexually confused. He’s too deep in the closet for one to know whether he is gay… or bi but hasn’t found a girl special enough yet and didn’t enjoy the sex because of depression. I don’t know the answer yet either. But he’s definitely not straight!

He has both superiority and inferiority complexes- he doesn’t believe anyone his age to be smarter or more talented than him, but when proven wrong by a worthy ‘opponent’, he obsesses until he can defeat them in something. Anything. And the cycle will start all over again.

In addition to the psychological abuse, Alan assumes that since his father used generalizations and clichés when speaking about his dead daughter, that means that he never cared about her. In truth, both of these things are caused by his father not understanding how human love is expressed. He cared… he just didn’t know how to show it and unfortunately mirrored the unattainable standards set by his parents.

Dr. Jhadav mentioned earlier that Alan found Isabella’s body. The memory of finding her hanging in her room is the reason why he drinks- to forget that.

BLACKMAIL TIME: He is also a closet Britney Spears fan, as he frequently does remixes of her songs.

Player Nickname: Tash
Player Chatango Name: wtfitsTASH
Character Playby: Boo Boo Stewart

Last edited by Alan Thatcher on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alan Thatcher
Alan Thatcher

$RP Reward Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Alan Thatcher Empty Re: Alan Thatcher

Post  Space Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 pm

This Application Is Currently Pending
Alan Thatcher Branch

But don't fret! Just follow the steps given to you below and edit your application appropriately. When you're done, please reply to this thread to let us know that the application has been edited, and we will review it again.

• You're off to a good start, just a couple of points we'll need you to cover before we can approve Alan.
  • First off, how did his sister actually die? When was it? Who found her? It's a defining moment in his life, yet it's not clear at all. We'll need more detail on it, not just a little squib in the OOC section.
  • Next, how did his mother manage to shirk her responsibilities so fully? If she's famous, it'd take the tabloids all of ten minutes to find out about Alan and the rest of the family, not to mention any court proceedings that may have happened over child support. We're going to need at least something on how she's managed to keep their existence so separate from her own.
  • Lastly, cultural differences. He's not going to be playing baseball at school. Closest he'd get is rounders, but I'd suggest Cricket or something like that if you were aiming for a sport people take seriously. Basketball's more popular, but still not a big thing.

This Application Was Reviewed by: Space and his imaginary friends.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan Thatcher Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you so much for looking at this, Space! :DD *gives freshly-baked banana bread* I have made the following edits:

• Mommy dearest is now trying and failing to be a famous actress instead of actually being one.
  • Dr. Jhadav offered the summary of what happened to Isabella in the biological family question.
  • Baseball has been removed, cricket has been added.

Again, thank you! <3
Alan Thatcher
Alan Thatcher

$RP Reward Points : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Space Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Alan Thatcher Approved

Resident Full Name: Alan Thatcher
    Resident Age: Sixteen
    Resident Gender: Male
    Known Diagnoses: IED, Substance Abuse, Depression

Dormitory Number: 3
    Bunk Number: 3 Top
    Assigned Chores Group: Household Chores
    Assigned Therapist: Dr. Nadiya Zvarich

Before you begin posting, please be certain that you have completed the last approval steps below. Failure to complete these last steps will result in the deletion of your character during the next activity check.

Space
Admin

$RP Reward Points : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum